4Bit Games AS
Based in Lillestrøm, Norway
21 May 2018
Prime Mover is a game about designing circuit boards from 4Bit Games. In this open-ended puzzle game, you build circuit boards to solve a wide variety of logic and computer science inspired problems. Compare the speed and efficiency of your unique solutions with your friends and the world. Work your way from transistor to processor, uncover the story of the Byte of Burden!
The world of Prime Mover was initially created for a jam project called Dead Ringer, a top-down roguelike shooter. The project was eventually canceled, but by that time the studio had fallen in love with the world and lore of the project. Inspired by other open-ended puzzle games, 4Bit set out to create a game about creativity in the same universe. Prime Mover took over two years to complete.
- Design and build Circuit boards that solve a wide variety of logic and computer science inspired problems
- There are infinitely many ways to solve every puzzle, but some solutions are better than others! Compare your solutions with your friends on the online leaderboards and monitor trends with the global histograms
- Utilize a wide variety of components in your quest for optimization! Create circuits boards within circuit boards, within circuit boards!
- Score by the amazing Jonathan Geer, composer of the Owlboy soundtrack
- Memory fragments are scattered across the blueprint. Retrace the path of the Prime Mover to uncover the story of the Byte of Burden!
Prime Mover - Announce Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
4Bit Games AS allows for the contents of Prime Mover to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Prime Mover is legally & explicitly allowed by 4Bit Games AS. This permission can be found in writing at http://presskit.primemovergame.com/sheet.php?p=primemover.
Article by Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Notch on the game
Zachtronics on the game
About 4Bit Games AS
We draw inspiration from classic arcade games and combine retro elements with modern mechanics and polish for maximum impact.
More information on 4Bit Games AS, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Prime Mover Credits
Erling Hoff Martiniussen
Ask Skårdalsmo Yri